Cookies & Bars
Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
I just started making these so there isn't much to say yet. They taste quite
a bit like the Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. - joe
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup (1/2 pounds) salted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 10 ounces (1-3/4 cups) mint chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine flour, soda, salt and cocoa and set aside.
Blend both sugars in mixer, and then add the butter. Mix well, and add the
eggs and extract, blending well after each egg. Beat until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the flour mixture at a lower spead. When finished, fold in chips
with a spoon.
Drop dough in rounded tablespoons, 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake for 19-21
minutes. Cool on racks, and store in tightly sealed tins.
I'm going to try these without the mint extract or chips, using vanilla and
either peanut butter or butterscotch chips instead. I'll let you know...
Tips & Notes
- Works well with airbake pans.
- Store them seperately from other cookies, as the mint flavor is strong.
Copyright © William T. Zander & Joseph L. Casadonte Jr. 1997. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies / 29 November 1997 / firstname.lastname@example.org