Breads & Muffins
Onion & Garlic Bread
This bread was adapted from a basic onion bread recipe. I have never tried to
make it without a bread machine, but I cannot imagine it would be too difficult.
Cut into 3/4" slices, toast it, butter it, and eat it. The best garlic bread
ever! - joe
[Large loaf quantities in brackets]
- 1 teaspoon active yeast [1-1/2] or 2 teaspoons dry yeast 
- 2 cups white bread flour [3-1/4]
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dry milk 
- 1 teaspoon salt [1-1/2]
- 1 tablespoon butter 
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes [1/2]
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic 
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 
- 2 heaping teaspoon poppy seed 
- 1-1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar 
- 3/4 cup water [1-1/4]
Put it into the bread machine in the above order. Turn it on & come back
in 3-4 hours. Can it get any easier?
One cannot improve upon perfection (except to add more garlic)....
Tips & Notes
- Make sure you use the dry or active yeast, not both
- May use regular or rapid bake cycles
- May also use timed baking
Copyright © William T. Zander & Joseph L. Casadonte Jr. 1997. All rights reserved.
Onion & Garlic Bread / 29 November 1997 / firstname.lastname@example.org